Welcome to the Bridge Training and Development
The Bridge Training and Development is a land-based alternative education provider at Hanley Swan, near Malvern in Worcestershire. We are an independent school registered with the Department of Education.
Post 16 students have a dedicated training centre called the Bridge Business Centre at Barnards Green in Malvern.
The Bridge was established in 2007 with the aim of engaging children and young people in learning. We are a charity run educational provision.
Who we work with-
We provide education and training through bespoke programmes for:
- individual students with an Education Health Care Plan who are referred by the Special Education Needs department of a Local Authority.
- individual students from secondary schools can attend part-time
- children with SEN including Autism, ADHD, ODD and a range of complex learning difficulties
- looked after children
- groups of students from secondary schools on vocational courses
- post 16 year olds with an Education Health Care Plan can attend the Bridge Business Centre.
We are open term-time only for 38 weeks of the year. We operate Monday to Friday. We are open from 9am to 2pm. Bespoke students attend various sessions dependent on their individual bespoke education programme. School group vocational courses are arranged in liaison with the school.
We have at the Bridge Training and Development Hanley Swan site-
- small teaching rooms for one to one teaching an small group work
- art and craft room
- Indoor animal care classroom
- workshops for construction, carpentry and mechanics
- catering kitchens for cooking and independent living courses
- animals enclosures with pigs, chickens and ducks
- eco cabin polytunnel and growing area
- fields with sheep and space for driving the tractor
- areas for physical activities including an obstacle course.
For further information on our facilities click here
At the Bridge Business Centre we have
- Three rooms for the three business areas- mechanics, catering and retail. The catering kitchen and dining area is also used for teaching independent living skills.
- Additional small rooms for one to one work with the career development workers and Functional Skills
- Meeting Room for small group work
What We Offer-
- Qualifications and City and Guilds certificates , at the Bridge Training and Development students are able to gain qualifications in Functional Skills (Maths, English and ICT), land-based studies (animal care and horticulture), construction, Employability Skills, Skills for Working Life, Creative Techniques., Hospitality Industry and food hygiene.
- At the Bridge Business Centre , trainees are able to gain qualifications in Employability skills and Functional Skills (Maths and Emglish)
- Bespoke timetable of courses and a wide range of curriculum activities
- Support for young people through transition on to different schools, training or employment
- Build young people’s personal, social and emotional development.
To view or print our generic flyer please click here generic-flier-v2
Who We are
Sue Hornby Head teacher
Kath Barclay Deputy Head teacher, please contact for enquiries 01684 £11632
Neil Hornby Managing Director, (based at Bridge Business Centre)
Bridge Training and Development is overseen by an experienced Board of Governors. For further information on Governors click here
We have a high number of qualified and experienced staff who work at the Bridge full or part- time. For further information regarding staff click here