Welcome to the Bridge Training and Development
An alternative provision for education and training.
The Bridge Training and Development is a land-based alternative education provider at Hanley Swan, near Malvern in Worcestershire. We are an independent school registered with the Department of Education.
The Bridge was established in 2007 with the aim of engaging children and young people in learning. We are a charity run educational provision.
Sue and Neil Hornby are both Directors of the Bridge and had the vision to set up a training and development centre to provide alternative learning opportunities for young people. The Bridge is overseen by an experienced Board of Trustees. For further information on trustees click here
We have a number qualified and experienced staff who work at the Bridge full or part- time. For further information regarding staff click here
Who we work with-
We provide education and training to-
- individual bespoke students from primary schools, secondary schools and care homes
- groups of students from primary schools
- groups of students from secondary schools on vocational courses
- post 16 year olds who are on an Education Health Care Plan and have access to additional funding.
We are open term-time only for 39 weeks of the year. We operate Monday to Friday. We are open from 9am to 4pm. Bespoke students attend various sessions dependent on their individual bespoke education programme. School group vocational courses are arranged in liaison with the school.
- teaching rooms dedicated primary school room, art and craft rooms, functional skills room and other rooms are used flexibly for a variety of activities
- workshops for construction, carpentry and mechanics
- catering kitchens for cooking and independent living courses
- farm shop
- animals enclosures for pigs, chickens and ducks
- polytunnel and growing area
- fields with sheep and space for driving the tractor.
For further information click here
What We Offer-
- Qualifications and certificates in land-based studies (animal care and horticulture), construction, employability, skills for working life, Maths and English, food hygiene.
- Bespoke timetable of courses and a wide range of curriculum activities
- Support for young people through transition on to different schools and training or employment
- Build young peoples personal, social and emotional development.
To view or print our generic flyer please click here generic-flier-v2