Welcome to the Bridge Training and Development
School closed Tuesday 12th December 2017
In the interests of health and safety for all children and staff the Bridge Training and Development will be closed due to significant icy conditions on and around the site and the severe weather conditions. Our apologies for any inconvenience.
An alternative provision for education and training.
The Bridge Training and Development is a land-based alternative education provider at Hanley Swan, near Malvern in Worcestershire. We are an independent school registered with the Department of Education.
The Bridge was established in 2007 with the aim of engaging children and young people in learning. We are a charity run educational provision.
Who we work with-
We provide education and training through bespoke programmes for:
- individual students from secondary schools
- children with SEN including Autism, ADHD, ODD and a range of complex learning difficulties
- looked after children
- groups of students from secondary schools on vocational courses
- post 16 year olds with an Education Health Care Plan.
We are open term-time only for 39 weeks of the year. We operate Monday to Friday. We are open from 9am to 4pm. Bespoke students attend various sessions dependent on their individual bespoke education programme. School group vocational courses are arranged in liaison with the school.
- teaching rooms, art and craft rooms, functional skills room and our other rooms are used flexibly for a variety of activities
- workshops for construction, carpentry and mechanics
- catering kitchens for cooking and independent living courses
- animals enclosures for pigs, chickens and ducks
- polytunnel and growing area
- fields with sheep and space for driving the tractor.
For further information on our facilities click here
What We Offer-
- Qualifications and certificates in land-based studies (animal care and horticulture), construction, employability, skills for working life, Maths, English, ICT and food hygiene.
- Bespoke timetable of courses and a wide range of curriculum activities
- Support for young people through transition on to different schools, training or employment
- Build young people’s personal, social and emotional development.
To view or print our generic flyer please click here generic-flier-v2
Who We are
Sue Hornby Head teacher
Kath Barclay Business Manager, please contact for enquiries.
The Bridge is overseen by an experienced Board of Governors. For further information on Governors click here
We have a number of qualified and experienced staff who work at the Bridge full or part- time. For further information regarding staff click here